Dove Evolution of a Brand
Case ID - 508047 Solution ID - 12944 1461 Words
The case study solution is based on the branding strategy of Unilever which changed after the year 2000. The company had been operating with several brands in several geographical areas. The company realized that this strategy was resulting into a haphazard image of the company due to decentralization. The company decided to reduce its number of brands and select some of its brands as “Master brands”. The case revolves around how this change in strategy affected the positioning of “Dove”. The case and its questions address the effects of this change in strategy and what risks or advantages the company could have due to this evolution.
1. Why does Unilever want fewer brands?
2. What was Dove‟s market positioning in the 1950s? What is its positioning in 2007?
3. How did Unilever organize its product category and brand management activities before 2000? What is the corresponding structure post-2000?
4. How was brand meaning controlled prior to 2000, and how is it controlled at the time of the case? What are the risks and rewards of its strategy?
5. What are people saying about Dove today? (You will need to go online and search blogs to answer this question.)
6. Do you see risks for the Dove brand today?
Term Paper and Essay Help
Writing essays and term papers can be difficult. Get professional help for your essays and term paper at affprodable price. Quality and deadlines are always guaranteed with us. This site was built to help students with their coursework by providing them sample solutions. Life just got a little easier with us.
We can create professional quality powerpoint presentations. You can provide us content or we do content + slides. Your instructor and mates will surely love the presentation.